Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Our Three Monkeys


10 comments:

Kim said...

They take after their Daddy.

mi familia said...

Isnt it interesting how you have forgotten that most people say that we look just alike! :)

Kim said...

I didn't say they look like you. I meant they act like you.

mi familia said...

oh :(

Kim said...

I think I may have just insulted my nieces and nephew. I take all that back.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lee Family! I was just wondering where you are in the process of going to Mexico. What will you be doing when you are there? Please let us have all of your contact information so that we can keep in touch with you. We will be praying for you and your family. Know that we are so excited to see what God is doing and will continue to do in your family. We love you! The Mauldins

mi familia said...

Hi April! I thought I saw Chad on campus last night and was dissapointed when I realized it wasnt him!
Here is our time line...

http://mmjtjlee.blogspot.com/2008/03/lee-family-time-line-2008-2009.html

From what I understand it is pretty much down hill from here. Basically all we have to do now is wait for the board of trustees to vote on us. Then on Jan. 26th of 2009 we will travel to Va. for two months. From there it will be on to Costa Rica for language school for a year and then Queretaro.

We will be evangelizing and church planting. I really dont know much from that point on the hows, whys or wheres. That will be up to who ever is over me and how they think things should be run.
We thank you for your prayers. Please do continue to keep praying. Since Jake is 10 he is having a few concerns about going. He isnt against it. He just isnt for it. Please pray that God would give him peace about going. More importantly please pray that God would change his heart. He isnt a believer. Also pray that God would give us the gift of tongues (languages).
So is Chad going to Mexico or New Orleans with Mambrino? Are you?
The best way to keep up with us is via this blog. We hope to post updates to it frequently when we get on the field.

Anonymous said...

We will certainly be praying for all of you and especially Jake. I know that God has used our ministry here at Happy Hill and the changes it has caused our family in a very positve way in the lives of our boys. Jackson actually helped to bring his friend, a farm student, to the Lord this week! It was great to see Jackson so full of joy over sharing his love for the Lord with his friend. We will not be going on either of the mission trips with Mambrino this year. Our ministry responsibilities here are growing which makes it harder to be away. Chad is now on call every week to preach here anytime Mr. Shipmans is unable and with he health declining it has been very regular this year. Chad is preaching throught he book of Phillipians with the kids. God is really working here and we are seeing many students being drawn to God. Please pray for our family as we are taking on more of a spiritual leadership position here.

By the way, January 26th is my birthday so that should be easy to remember! We love you all!

Anonymous said...

yeray said,

first of all, you have a beautiful family.
secondly,sorry for my english.
third the order you put the monkeys in the picture is not right.
The correct order is: in the top the deaf monkey who sees and tell to the middle whatever he sees. In the middle the blind monkey that heards from the top and talks to the bottom,(he is in the middle so he doesnt need to see) in the bottom the dumb monkey that heards from the middle and sees.If you put the monkeys this way the communication is possible, any other combination take us to incomunication. In your picture the monkeys are this way: in the top the deaf girl, is right, in the middle the dumb one, can heard from the top, but cannot say anything to the bottom, so here there is an incomunication.The blind monkey in the bottom is incomunicated from top becaus in the middle there is the dumb.
Do you understand my friend???
The problem of our society is that in the top we have blind monkeys with a blind politics or worse, dumb monkeys in the top or what is the same, people that see perfectly but are used to make silence to protect their own and corrupt interests.
This is my political theory about the three monkeys, this is my point of view.
Thank you very much for your time and I belive that next time you put the monkeys in the correct position. Bye, Bye from canary islands.

mi familia said...

Yeray,
Thank you for your kind comment. Your English is fine. I know that your English is better than if I were to try speaking in your heart language.
Concerning the monkeys...They were sitting that way at the Japanese Gardens in Fort Worth when we went there to visit. I know nothing about the significance of the monkeys. I just thought that it would be a cute picture.
God bless,
mike

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john%203:16-18%20;&version=31;