Dreams have been one way that God has been revealing Himself to people in Muslim countries. If you are not familiar with this information you can read about it here here here and here. Of course there are numerous other sites who have similar stories so I would encourage you to visit them if you have not done much reading on this topic; and be amazed at what God is doing.
"Un sueno" is Spanish for "a dream". Today, Megan, her parents and the kids went with a tour guide (Fernando) to a coffee plantation. When we were leaving, I stepped inside a little store to buy some gum and was able to strike up a conversation with a young man (Melvin) who was behind the counter. I asked him if he was a Catholic or an Evangelical. He said "Neither, I am a Jehovah Witness".
I then asked him a few questions regarding the Bible and what he thought about those questions. Thankfully, due to my lack of Spanish, Fernando came up and he immediately jumped into the conversation and proved to be a compassionate evangelist. He did a great job of being a light to this young man.
After much conversation, Melvin shared something with us. He said that he has been praying that God would reveal Himself to him. Last night Melvin had a dream. He dreamed that two men were talking to him about the Bible and that two of the very things that Fernando and I talked to him about were two of the things that the two men in the dream had talked to him about. After leaving the coffee plantation and traveling a few miles down the road, Fernando felt the need to give Melvin his bilingual Bible. So we turned around and brought it to him. He was overjoyed to receive it. He thanked Fernando over and over again. Thankfully, since Fernando is a tour guide, he has the opportunity to take groups to the plantation fairly frequently and thus, will have many opportunities to follow up.
Megan also had something interesting happen. In the tour group that we were with on the tour through the coffee plantation, a friendly Jewish lady kept striking up conversations with Megan regarding religion while we were on the tour. Megan had hoped to be able to give here a tract before we left but lost track of the lady during lunch. She prayed that God would provide an opportunity for her to at least be able to share a tract with the friendly lady and was disappointed when we left because she did not cross paths with the lady again after lunch. The opportunity arose for her to be able to give the lady the tract after Fernando turned the bus around in order to drive back to the coffee plantation so that he could give the man his Bible. As Fernando was giving the Bible to Melvin, the Jewish lady walked out. Megan ran up to the lady and gave the tract to her. The lady graciously thanked Megan and jokingly stated that she was Jewish and didnt need to be saved. She then kept the tract and walked to her bus.
-Pray that God would continue to reveal Himself to Melvin.
-Pray that the covering over Melvin's eyes and heart would be removed so that he will be able to see our glorious Savior Jesus Christ.
-Please pray that our Jewish friend would also have the covering removed from her eyes and that she too would be able to share in the hope that we have.
God bless you all! Thank you for your partnership with us in brining the Gospel to those who do not know Him.
UPDATE
May 6, 2010
Melvin just called me and asked me to pray for his son. His son is two and has not started talking yet. He thanked me and Fernando over and over again for talking to him about God (though Fernando was the one who did most of the talking with him). Melvin was so greatfull to have received the Bible that Fernando gave him, that he kept saying "gracias", "gracias", "gracias".
-Please pray that God would answer our petitions, showing Himself as Jehovah Rophe, "The Lord who Heals"
-And please pray that Melvin, as well as his entire family, sees God as Jehovah M'Kaddesh, "The One who sets you apart for My Use."
7 comments:
So often I have found the best places to see God at work are outside of church walls, sharing our faith... this is yet another example!
We are going to miss you guys - hope to see you along our travels.
Bill & Sandy
Hello Lee family. I'm Terry Moody. I met you in Costa Rica when our church, Star Baptist Church form Mississippi, came to do VBS. Jake was in my class. Glad to see and hey all about the great things God in doing with your family. Does Megan have an email? I need to chat with her. Thanks, Terry
Terry I think Megan is now your Fb friend. Bill and Sandy, we will miss you guys too and hope to see you guys in the future. Dios les bendigan!
I am so excited that the Lord has given you so many opportunities to share the Gospel. We pray for you often. How is everyone's health?
George & Leila Haas
Thank you for sharing. I'll share this with others. Thanks again.
Dear Family,
I am praying with you that God would magnify His mercy in healing and saving Melvin and his family, & I pray that He would be gracious to this Jewish woman.
I'm also praying for you in your physical trials, may God magnify His grace in your struggles.
I love you guys.
Jacob Pittman
Jacob mi hermano!!! How are you doing? That is so strange. I have had 3 people today (you being one of them) who God has brought to mind in the last day or so that has made contact with me since that time. I pray that all is going well with you. I would love to have you come and see us in QRO. We need church planters there. hint hint... :)
Post a Comment