All is well in the land of the Tico.
Thank you all for your prayers for Jacob. He is doing much better now. The anxiety he was experiencing in regards to school has subsided quite a bit. Please continue to be in prayer for him. Some great things are occurring as a result of Jake going through this. First, mine and his relationship have improved considerably. That is not to say that it was bad that it is getting much better. God really is a God who answers prayer. The first time that Jake was anxious and overwhelmed he and I prayed that God would show Himself immediately and remove the burden that Jake was experiencing. Within 5 minutes Jake was back to normal. I pointed it out to him the next day to show him how God loves and cares for him. I think that it had a huge impact on him. Then a few days later Jake experienced it again. That is when I Facebooked the prayer request regarding what was going on. He and I were blown away by the number of people who, within a very short period, responded, ‘Im praying’. Your prayers were felt indeed. Jake not only was able to willingly go to school but actually had a relatively good day that day. THANK YOU GOD. THANK YOU ROPE HOLDERS!!!
The rest of the Lee family seems to be doing quite well. Tess and Joy are dong well. Megan is doing wonderfully in Language school and is proving who the smart one of the two is. She sits in class, listens, takes the tests and not only passes but passes with high 90’s. I am doing OK also, but it isn't coming to me as easily. So if you would please pray that I would pick up the language a little quicker.
We had the opportunity to take a 4 hour boat ride up one of the Costa Rican rivers yesterday and spend the night. It was incredible! We were able to behold His glory in ways that I have only dreamed of. We saw three different kinds of monkeys, a tree sloth, a 10 foot american crocodile, 2 cayman crocs, 2 different kinds of toucans and countless other kinds of brilliantly colored birds. The crowning jewel of the trip was getting to watch a sea turtle (350-400 lbs) crawl up on the beach from the ocean, dig a hole and lay her eggs (100-120). I have posted a few pics of the trip on our Flickr account but for some reason it will not take the rest. So if you would like to see them you can click HERE. If you want to see the rest, you will have to come back when Flickr is working properly.
Oh I forgot to mention the town we went to. This town is only accessible via plane or boat (a 3 hr boat ride). There are not any cars and the streets are foot paths. This town is sandwiched between the Caribbean and a massive river and is a strip of land approximately 75-100 yards wide. Pure beauty. Or as the Ticos say, "Pura Vida"...
We have been told that it is "safe" to mail cards and letters so we have posted our address (and our phone number) to the right of this article. Please do not mail packages. It is way too expensive to do so. We recently received two packages that were approximately a cubic foot a piece and each cost around $50 dollars to mail.
Again thank you all for your prayers and may God continue to give you a desire to make His name known where people do not know Him by being the ones who hold the ropes for those who go down.
God bless,
mmjtjtlee
2 comments:
Thanks for the update! It sounds amazing there! We are thankful for answered prayers, and continue to pray for you guys!
Oh I am so thankful to hear that he is doing better....God is so faithful and hears our little ones prayers. What a great dad to take him straight to his knees. It is so hard to focus on language when your children are so out of sorts. I will be praying for your school and learning Spanish. I struggle as well if it makes you feel any better;) The pictures are great and I am glad you guys are settling in...we look forward to a great year together as family.
Post a Comment