Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Los Yoses Project

Hello all!

Thank you for your prayers. God is certainly answering them.

FAMILY :
Jake is doing MUCH better. He is not only doing better at school but he is now wanting to go out with me when I go out (what a blessing that is to me). However, this past week has been a difficult one for Megan and Tess both. They “hit their walls” and are struggling across the board. Pray especially for Tess right now. Her grades have dropped and her teacher said that she is lethargic in class. This is a 180 from how she normally is in school. Then to top it off, she came home sick and will be staying home today with Megan.

CHURCH PLANTING:

Our family is joined with two other families on a church planting project called "The Los Yoses Project (TYLP)". Los Yoses is a large neighborhood within San Jose. We have been especially blessed because we are being mentored by two veteran missionary couples who each have 20+ yrs on the field. We are excited to know that we will be able to glean the wisdom of these two couples and then eventually take it to our future destinations.
Please be in prayer for TLYP. This area of San Joses will apparently be hard to reach because the homes are behind fences and walls. When the people get home in the evenings they open their gate, drive in, shut the gate and do not come back out until it is time to go to work the next morning.
Please pray that God brings many people in this community to Himself as we share who He is with them. Please pray that we will be able to find ways to “penetrate” the physical walls that surround the homes of these people so that their hearts might be penetrated by the Gospel.

PERSON OF PEACE?:
I was able to go to the Los Yoses area yesterday afternoon and met a lady (Gennena) who lives a few houses down from one of our mentoring couples. I told her about plans that the women who are working on this project have regarding Christmas which is to gather the neighborhood ladies together and have a craft type party. She was very excited to hear the news and was excited to meet the IMB family who lives by her. Please pray that she will be the “person of peace” for this community.

EDGAR:
On this trip to Los Yoses I met Edgar, a street vendor (25 yoa or so) who is an agnostic and was able to share the Gospel with him in Spanish. I know that it was not a clear message because I was only able to communicate with the little bit of Spanish that I have learned. However, because I was able to point out that he is a sinner and is in need of a savior, who Christ is and what Christ did, and what he needed to do in response to his sin, I do believe that the H.S. was working on him. Maybe it was because it had been made clear to him previously by another evangelical and my presentation reminded him of it? When I got through his demeanor changed completely. He just sat there and thought. He then handed me one of the wares that he was selling and said “regalo” which means “gift”. It was a cross necklace. He then asked me if I would come back and talk with him more.
Please pray that when I go back to LY next Wednesday to talk to Edgar, that God will continue to soften his heart so that he will be able to respond to this Message that brings life. Also please pray that God will continue to provide more divine encounters as I prayer walk this community next week.

May God bless you all for your efforts in making His name known here in Cost Rica.
The Lee family

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for all of you. Your family has come to mind so much this week. Next week we are hoping to mail a few letters to you all. May the Lord continue to guide, sustain, and provide for all of you.

Rick, Jennifer, Jacob,Nathaniel, and Isaac Thrash