Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lee Family Update - Saturday June 13th


It has been two weeks since our last update and a lot has happened between then and now. Before I begin I want to praise the Lord for the work that He has done in our friend Daniel's life. Daniel now professes to be a believer! This past Sunday (the 6th) he accepted Christ after church services! I have yet to have an opportunity to visit with Daniel regarding his profession. Please pray that he would quickly display fruit in his life. is life.


-I met a man (Matthew) while visiting Hastings Street Monday before last. I was sitting in a coffee shop, reading my Bible when he came up to me and asked if he could sit down. He then proceeded to pull out his Bible and we read in silence together. Now if this were to happen at the Trail Lake Starbucks in Fort Worth this scenario might not seem so strange. However this happened in a little coffee shop on Hastings Street . He and I began discussing the Bible and what we believed to be true. I discovered that he was fairly well grounded and was familiar with the Word of God. Discovering that he wasnt going to church we discussed meeting the following Sunday for Bible study. He seemed to be excited about our plan so I encouraged him to invite as many friends as possible. For reasons of his own Matthew was not able to come nor were those who he invited. Please pray for this Sunday as we are trying to meet again. Please pray that not only would Matthew would be able to come but that those he invites would be able to come and that a seed would be planted on Hastings Street.  Please pray for wisdom, and for protection for Matthew as this is a difficult place to witness in.


-Our team has been blessed to be able to spend the next 6 weeks being tutored by the man who developed a technique to further the Gospel. This technique is being used in many regions of the world and is getting wonderful results. We are very excited to get started learning this method. Whether it is something we will be able to use in Queretaro or not, it will offer tremendous principles that we can glean no matter where we go or who we minister to. Megan will have the opportunity to put this discipleship training into practice with a group of ladies beginning Tuesdays.  Please pray that the ladies will come and be able to grow with the discipleship training. Providentially, Mike was also invited to join a team member in teaching this training to a group of believers at a local Baptist church in a nearby province.  God’s timing is amazing in giving us groups to disciple with this training during the weeks in which the developer of it is here to help us.  The foundation of this training is prayer and so we ask you to join us in praying for these groups.


 This is truly a city where God is bringing His people so that they can not only hear who He is but be able to easily go back to their home lands and proclaim it there! I wish you all could come here and experience it. I want to encourage the churches back home who are receiving this letter to seriously consider sending a group up here to Vancouver so that you can help the bodies of believers spread the Gospel.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys! Sounds like God is moving in Van, BC!

Grace & Peace,

Dawn Isbell

Justine said...

Prayers going up for both of you guys as God leads you to people to share His Word with!! How exciting, we can't wait until we are able to share the Truth!!!