We had another great week in Vancouver.
-The lady Megan met on the Sky Train ended up being a bruja (Mexican witch). Megan and a co-worker were able to share the Gospel with her and give her a Bible. Im not sure much, if any, ground was made during this meeting. Please pray that the H.S. would convict her and that she would turn from her evil ways to the One true God.
- PRAISE! Daniel, who I have been asking you to pray for, came over for dinner Thursday night. We feel like God is working on him. He had many questions about God, the Bible and church. Please pray for his salvation and that we would have other opportunities to visit with him.
- Ricardo, whom you have also been praying for, was supposed to have come over for dinner earlier in the week. He never came and I have not heard from him. Please pray that nothing has severed our relationship and that we would be able to continue to be lights to him.
- I am seeking to understand more about the homeless population here in Vancouver. Please pray that God would give me a new understanding of these people, how they are perceived by those on the outside and how they perceive those on the outside.
- Last week I was able to meet a homeless man (Kevin) who is 21. It was like staring death in the face (both spiritually and physically). He was addicted to meth and lived in some bushes in a nearby park. He allowed me to sit with him and talk. He was very open to hearing the Gospel and listened intently. I asked If he would want to talk to me when I came back to this area of the city and tell him more about Jesus. He said that he would like that. Please pray that God would save this young man.
As a family we are doing well. We have had fun here in Vancouver and have enjoyed the city Jake and Tess are working hard in School and are looking forward to an unexpected break in August. Joy is very willing to know Spanish and often will greet our Spanish speaking friends in Spanish. Megan an I are hoping to spend the night away soon to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. We would covet your prayers as we approach the halfway mark of our time in Vancouver as we are missing home, family, friends and pets. Please pray we would stay focused on what God has for us here as a family. We love you all and thank you for your prayer support.
The Lee Family
5 comments:
Happy early anniversary! I hope you're able to work out some time together.
The thing about Joy greeting people in spanish is too cute - I bet she's getting so BIG!
Glad to hear you are doing well and praying for God's providence as you complete the rest of your time in Vancouver.
Miss you all!!
I LOVE Y'ALL!!!! and miss you a ton. Miss talking to Megan and smoochin' on the kids. plz tell them hi for me and hug them before they forget about me. :)
We will continue to pray for all of you. Thank you for keeping the updates coming. Have a blessed anniversary!
Thanks for the insight on Vancouver and the people you have met. We are praying and we miss you a bunch! Give the kids hugs from us. I'm glad the kids are all doing so well now.
Mike,
Looks like your doing a good job, but don't you wish you were still selling insurance.
My prayers will be with you.
Eddie Hambrick
Post a Comment