Praises to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Thank you all for your prayers. Thank you for lifting up the lost here in Vancouver and thank you for lifting up our family.
I write this with a heart full of joy, a heart that is overwhelmed with God’s goodness. We want to share with you what has happened since our last update. It is long but it is worth it.
ADDICT WITHOUT HOPE
1) I was on a bus riding through the city and a homeless lady who had to have been no more than 23 or 24 years old got on board and was fried out of her mind. I have never seen anyone look more pathetic than this poor girl. I have never seen anyone more miserable, who was hurting worse (internally), and never have I seen anyone look more hopeless.
Worse, I didn't to anything about it. It wasn't that I didn't want to, because I did. However, I allowed two excuses to rise up to prevent me from ministering to her. First, I struggled with whether it was appropriate or not since she was a female and Megan wasn't with me and second I realized I was on the wrong bus headed away from my destination and so I got off.
Please pray that this would never happen again. Pray that when God clearly places people in my path, I faithfully share who He is by revealing His character through my life and His Truth through what I say. Most of all pray that God will provide another to faithfully proclaim who the God of Hope is to her.
HASTINGS STREET MINISTRY
2) The next morning I met a man on the Sky Train who God had delivered from being a crackhead and meth attic several years ago. He now has a ministry in the worst part of the city. This is no exaggeration, the area is so bad that the homeless, the strung out, the dealers, the pimps and hookers all do business on the steps of the police station. He invited me to go and help him this next Saturday night. Pray that God would grow me through my ministry while there.
The video below gives an accurate portrait of Hastings Street. It shows the hate and depravity of those without hope. You might consider using discretion and turning the volume down for possible language.
RICARDO
I met a young man while with Will (another M here in Vancouver) night before last. His name is Ricardo. He is about 26 and is from Chihuahua city and is here to study English. It seems that God has already been working on him based on our conversations. We met with him again last night and was able to clearly share the Gospel with him. We left much for him to think about and to consider. He asked for a Bible and providentially I had a Gideon Bible in my pocket and was able to give it to him. He said that he would start reading it. Pray that God would bring Ricardo to him.
POSSIBLE POLICE MINISTRY
Another incredible praise. I met two police officers, one a follower of Christ and the other a Catholic. We talked for more than an hour. Later I contacted the one who knows Christ and asked him if he would be interested in me possibly providing a Christian ministry of some type and he responded positively. I went to the internet to find some teaching resources aimed at police officers (no pun intended). While searching I ran across a guy who I knew in college 20+ years ago. He is now a director of a Christian police officers fellowship in the D/FW area. He has now got me in contact with some of the national leaders and they are excited about getting something started here. Pray that the officer who I met would desire to start something here.
DANIEL
5) I have not heard further from Daniel. He was to come to Bible study Tuesday night but never showed. Please continue to pray that God would grow our friendship and that He would draw Daniel to Himself.
A CHURCH PLANTING MOVEMENT IN B.C.
Since the time that I wrote the above update I went out into the city once again. I met a young man who was reading his Bible at a bus stop. After a few minutes I was amazed to find out that God is very active in this city. Though there are few churches there apparently is a tremendous house church movement taking place. He told me that there have been 68 house churches started in the last 3 years. Now you need to realize just how amazing this is. This city is a godless city. There are so many foreign gods due to the incredible influx of refugees here that it would make your head spin. Even worse most of the native (not indigenous) Canadians are either atheists or agnostics.
God is moving among the people here. Two men whom I spoke with today were former Muslims and another was Catholic. I also met a former atheist. All four of these men were sold out for Christ. I will be meeting with these men (all 4 are house church leaders) who will be meeting with other house church leaders so that I can ask questions and listen to their conversations in order to get a better picture of what is taking place here.
May God’s Name be known,
mmjtjlee
2 comments:
Hey Guys!! I know God is going to do great things through you all, we just love your heart for God and people!! Hope all the kids are adjusting well. Our kids are doing good with all the changes, there are enough odd things to keep them laughing. We start language school in a week so that should be fun :)!!
Thanks Barry. It was great getting to know you guys. What a joy it was to be able to spend time with you all. Its good to see that your kids are doing well. Jake, Tess and Joy are now doing really good. Jake had a bit of a rough go of it at the beginning but is resilient and is now doing better than the other two. Thanks for asking. Im sure that you will enjoy language school. What an adventure the Lord has put you on. May He continue to bless you all.
Post a Comment